So, I’m finally done with finals (which is a bad pun, I know). Really, this is a feat. Even though finals week was last week, we gave our final on Friday, which meant that I graded over the weekend and turned in my grades and my final independent study project on Monday.
You’d that that I would have been freed up to blog more about tulips at that point, but no. I couldn’t think or write (although I do have a tulip post half-written). So I reorganized my apartment. I like to clean as a stress reliever, which bodes well for my apartment. I know that I’m busy if I don’t clean or don’t cook. Cooking is also a semi-stress reliever. I’m really sick of re-heated take-out Chinese food at the moment.
So, now my apartment is reorganized, my books are straightened, and my wall hangings don’t match the new set-up. Ach, well. I have no time to change them and won’t see them for a month, so it doesn’t matter anyway.
A month? I won’t see my apartment for a month?
Nope.
I’m going to Phoenix.
Phoenix?
Yep. My mom and I are going to study yoga for a month. Actually, we’re studying with the intent of becoming yoga instructors. We’ll be training for our 200-hour “Registered Yoga Trainer” certification.
It seems as if I can’t get enough of this education thing, and I’m entering yet another month of classes. This kind of class is so different from the MFA program, though, that I’m really excited. And my MFA friends already want me to come back and hold MFA-only classes…
The rest of my summer contains a whirlwind (can whirlwinds be contained?) of states, teaching, writing, more yoga, some lakes, and a wedding. Pretty spiffy. Updates to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So you're doing the yoga thing? Sounds wonderful. In fact, I am almost jealous. Have lots of fun. Maybe you can teach me. (Can you do that in letters?)
Are you going to write a book about Christianity and Yoga?
The yoga book is definitely in the back of my mind--but not my formal project as of yet.
And, yes, I might be able to get you started with some stuff via letters, B--but my drawings might be stick people. :)
Post a Comment