June 09, 2008

Nothing Profound to Say

I really have nothing profound to say, other than that I'm back in Pittsburgh. 

Mom and I had a fantastic time in Phoenix, and now she's back in New Mexico and I am in Pennsylvania. Upon her return, she was able to move into her new house. Upon my return, I received a wicked sore throat that left me sleeping for a few days. 

Pittsburgh is now incredibly warm and humid. It is currently 100.5 degrees outside. This should be a record! I miss Phoenix's invention of misters, which spray water outside shopping malls and restaurants and people's back porches. Under the mist, the temperature drops about ten degrees (or so they say). Unfortunately, misters don't work in areas where humidity is high. So Pittsburgh's recent 50%+ humidity is not going to work. (It says 50% for today, but in recent days it has been 80%.) 

I'm really not sure which I like better: Pittsburgh winter or Pittsburgh summer. Without Lake Michigan to adjust the weather for me, both seem equally awkward to me. Awkward seems like a strange word to use in regards to weather, but it seems to fit for me, here and now. 

Regardless, I am now officially a yoga instructor. So, my June is devoted to writing and reading about yoga and writing and God and all that. Not a bad way to spend my very hot days!

1 comment:

Josué Greenman said...

So cold here in Buenos Aires. Well, not too bad really. Not heating in the house. ;)