"What I wish I could forget is the way that deer looked when i pulled it off the front of my truck!" Penny said. She put her elbows on my counter at the diner and held her coffee between her hands. "I wish I could forget the front of my truck too," she leaned forward and took a sip of the coffee, "I was up half the night cleaning that damn thing."
She stared at her coffee, maybe contemplating it, more contemplating the deer. "To think I went to that city meeting last night and DEFENDED the deer population in Grand Haven. This was that same deer that came to eat every day from my yard, and it had to go walk in front of my truck. I'm calling them DNR men today and giving them a piece of my mind. Or maybe the deer's brains. Then they'll open the shooting range."
Or cut your liquor license, I thought dryly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment