April 11, 2008

Tulip Update

Today I saw more blooming tulips that were not the Christmas tulip. They were white, yellow, pink, and purple, and they were smiling in the April rain. 

This does not, however, throw off my prediction for blooming tulips at the end of the coming week. Today's tulips were sighted in pots at an outdoor mall. Ergo--they are cared for and get more sun and are a kilometer closer to the Equator than the tulips I walk by on the way to school.* So...  the prediction still stands!

Tulips and thunderstorms are here...  and so is spring. :)

This weekend I'm headed to the woods with my fellow writers. Creative energy is contagious, and we're aiming for a fun and productive weekend. Since we like writing and we like hanging out with each other, we're going to prove that "fun" and "productive" can coexist in the same sentence. Perhaps this will look like two cabins: the study cabin and the party cabin. Hence, fun and productive! (In the lovely spring weather.)

*Disclaimer: this does not equate to "spring comes a kilometer every week." 

2 comments:

hbu said...

Reeny,

Click here for an up-to-date tulip report of tulips in Mount Vernon, Washington. You'll be happy to know we're having our engagement photos taken in these beautiful fields as soon as they're in bloom...

http://www.tulips.com/bloommap.cfm?body=bloommap08.cfm

Josué Greenman said...

I tend to remember you telling us (your favorite students in Bolivia) about ALL the studying that got done while in Starbucks. Ha.

Um...maybe I just made that up. I think it was you...