I don't usually post promos. Nor do I really know who reads this. So anyway...
If you have or if you know anyone who has an extra year on their hands and would like to be a part of a community dedicated to both contemplation and action, send them here. Seriously.
Some stellar friends of mine--mainly this one--oh and these--are looking for people to consider the Formation House here in Pittsburgh. They have been "inspired by a number of old and new monastics," and are looking "to offer a place of beginning for those considering intentional Christian community."
So it's a year of discipleship. In Pittsburgh (a cool city). With stellar people. Devoted to God. Devoted to others. Pray. Work. Grow.
If I weren't already writing a book or two and working on a degree or two... well, it's just down the road from me. I'm excited for the Formation House and all involved. New Monasticism interests me a lot, and I expect to learn a lot just watching. :) But--seriously--spread the word.
“The renewal of the Church will come from a new type of Monasticism, which only has in common with the old an uncompromising allegiance to the Sermon on the Mount. It is high time people banded together to do this.” - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you for the shout out on your blog! FYI, yours is the first response to my plea asking for people to share about Formation House. Very cool of you to do so.
If folks are interested in applying, the application and info on how to apply is here -
http://formationhouse.org/application/
Thank you again for the post. Karen
love the quote.
Post a Comment