April 10, 2009

rainy day poetry

hmm. I've been a blogging slacker lately. Chalk it up to end of the semester silliness (which is actually mapping out quite nicely). Today I'm working on putting together a final portfolio for my "hybrid workshop" (hybrid = poetry + creative nonfiction). Here's a poem I just tweaked, from an exercise about writing ghazals, a Persian poetic form. Don't worry, I don't know what it means either.

a light ghazal

in darkness, i canvass for light
sundial: shadow chases light

in ice molecules water sings
in spring, slopes shattering copper light

smoke lopes over early cell waves
corralling words, i attempt light

midnight sofa in minor key
white cat trills harmonic light

you seek me under arid sea
love, i for you in molting light

1 comment:

Julie said...

Lovely.

I miss you, girl. Hit me up and we'll do lunch sometimes. Or just tea; whatever fits in with your end-of-semester schedule (and my work schedule).