This week, the "White Dragons" are #5 in a league of 16 teams! Woohoo!
I am the last person on the planet that I would expect to play fantasy football. Well, no, that's not quite true. But it is sort of true when I think about how much I ignore sports. I know nothing about football teams or players or anything. I can play a decent game of flag football, but I much prefer soccer. A lot less thinking and a lot more doing. Much better.
At any rate, before he ever met me, a guy named Clay in Tuscon decided that I should join his fantasy football league. Clay and I know each other through Heather (his girlfriend, my friend), and we both like reading fantasy and sci-fi. Since I know nothing about football, Clay and Heather thought it would be funny if I joined their fantasy football league. If I could do well, they could be proud of themselves since they got me to join. They would also have a funny story to tell their friends about the girl who didn't know anything about football trumping the league. And since I could care less whether my team would win or lose, I agreed. The White Dragons were born.
I'm a good manager. I check my players now every week to make sure they're not injured. I have a player named Sammy Morris, which is the name of a dorm at my undergrad university. Roy Williams sounds like a good name for a cowboy (but not a cowboy good enough to be a Louis L'Amour protagonist). The name Leonard Pope just sounds cool. My quarterback plays for Pitt, which I think is good because then I show a bit of city-spirit. This is how I choose my players--by their names. I guess the position they play matters a little bit. And the fan points.
I just checked my players for this week. Many of them have a "bye." I still haven't figured that out yet. I think that means I should switch them out.
But #5 of 16. Not bad.
October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I used to live in Sammy. Is he a good player on your team?
Post a Comment