Recently, I’ve started watching The Office. It’s a sitcom series that exaggerates the little every day problems of working in an office and adds the epitome of an idiot manager. Though friends of mine nearly swear by this show, I swear I cannot watch it much longer. Reason? I once worked for a boss who was three inches away from being The Office manager. Cult fans of The Office might argue that this experience should make the show more enjoyable for me… but I only find myself reliving the frustration. What redeems the show for me is that the “good guy” in the show reminds me of my brother, and I might keep watching just for him—both the character and my brother.
While The Office comes close to describing my worst job, my first official job was another stereotype. I was a waitress at a Dutch restaurant. I was sixteen; it was my first job. I have nothing else to say abou it. Not bad, not good, and it only lasted six months. I ditched it to work at a children’s bookstore—which might just be the best job I’ve ever held.
My dream job would involve me writing and teaching and being able to pay my bills. I think I’m there. Now to add a little bit more money for traveling…
And if this is my dream job, it also means I have fifteen more exams to grade right now… no more writing for me today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment