October 04, 2007

Hello, 80 Degree October!

It's October, mid-terms are already next week, and we are still experiencing hot and humid weather in Pittsburgh. Go figure. Normally I don't complain about warm weather, but showing up to class all sweaty and then freezing in the air conditioning is getting old. Last night my fingernails started turning blue--and I was wearing long sleeves.

When I walk to school, I cross a bridge over a city park full of trees. Some of them are trying to turn and twinges of red edge some of the dark green. Fall will surprise me, I'm sure. (and then winter--shh... I'm trying to hide this fact from myself. I don't want to think about walking in the snow or trying to fit onto the bus with my mushroom sized coat.)

What I'm saying is: I want the cooler weather and beauty of fall, and I want it to last forever...

Also:
Last night I had a student write an e-mail addressed to: "Renee aka. Future Prof. Aukmeman"

Aside from the misspelling--it was pretty funny. Flattery will get you nowhere.

2 comments:

Josué Greenman said...

It won't? How do you think I graduated from high school?

wren said...

That's the best laugh of my day.