So, apparently, my flock of dragons (um... they're not sheep. they're large, fire-breathing, flying reptiles--so what is the mass plural of dragons called? I don't know!) my gaggle, herd, school, army, host, or team of dragons did not want to retire. They vetoed their beloved manager's decision and said, "We want to win! We want to win! We want to win!"
When dragons feel like winning, their manager should not stand in their way.
Unbeknownst to me (because I stopped paying attention), the White Dragons made it to the finals of our league. My friend Heather called me a few days ago and said, "I have bad news for you. The White Dragons won against the China Fantastics."
"Nooooo!" I wailed, wanting desperately to be done with football and figuring out what to do with my lazy TE (who is not a QB and therefore not as cool).
"Yes." She said firmly. "The manager of the China Fantastics was very mad." (Manager = Heather's brother, who cares about football.)
"So, I guess this means that I should pay attention to the Dragons this week."
"Yes. And if the Camels win tonight, we'll get to play each other this weekend." The Camels are Heather's team.
Sadly, the Camels did not win, so I don't care as much about this week's coming match. However, if I win, I'll probably go on to play Heather's boyfriend's team for the final round, and that would be worth making it to second place. Of course, why would the dragons settle for second? They should just go all the way to the top.
So. Vote for the White Dragons. Maybe they'll become real and go to the Super Bowl. They won't be actually playing, though. They'll be flying around in the sky, avoiding blimps, and providing fireworks.
December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How do I vote for them?
magically in your mind. they're invisible little creatures.
Post a Comment