January 31, 2009

GO Steelers!

So... last year, the White Dragons won Fantasy Football. I thought that was a big deal. But that was peanuts compared to what's happening this year: The Pittsburgh Steelers are going to the Super Bowl.

Generally, I watch the Super Bowl for the commercials and I never know who's playing. At least I know the Super Bowl is big stuff. This year, there's no getting around it: Pittsburgh loves their Steelers. The Steelers are the real Pittsburgh deal.

People drive around with Steelers flags on their cars; display Steelers scarecrows in their yard; sign their e-mails "GO Steelers," with the GO capitalized; chastize others for not wearing black and gold to work on Friday.

All that to say, maybe I won't take a book to this year's Super Bowl party.

Check out KF's post on the ever-present Terrible Towels. Football does good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry,
I'm cheering for the Cards. :)