Two years. I've been blogging now for two years. This is a feat, considering that my first attempt at blogging--five years ago--amounted to two posts.
In honor, I wanted to wax eloquent about how blogging has helped me to develop my writing voice. But as I skimmed through two years of posts, I found very little textual support for my theory. Instead, I found ten fantastic sentences taken out-of-context.
In chronological order, here's the "proof-texting version best of two years":
1. "does this quechua stamp make my spine look fat?" 03.09.07
2. For April's final Sunday, the sermon was about fire, and the pastor exhorted us all to be "green dragons." 04.30.07
3. We interacted with the fair as street performers, guerrilla-theatre-ing people into watching our passionate iambic pentameter speeches. 06.18.07
4. Overheard: comment to a woman who sets her watch several minutes fast:
"well, that's very predestinary of you." 08.16.07
5. However, I think that rediscovering my allergies, finding mosquitoes in a swamp, burning lactic acid, running over a small snake, avoiding sharp rocks, inhaling an insect, and journaling by a trickling waterfall constitute a good Sunday morning Pittsburgh expedition. 10.22.07
6. So, apparently, my flock of dragons (um... they're not sheep. they're large, fire-breathing, flying reptiles--so what is the mass plural of dragons called? I don't know!) my gaggle, herd, school, army, host, or team of dragons did not want to retire. 12.20.07
7. Shucks, I thought: I’m not narcissistic, I don’t have special powers, and I’m not in a fairy tale. 04.21.08
8. “Mommy, mommy, mommy!” I said. “I did a headstand, and I did it all by myself!” 06.13.08
9. All that to say: today I wake up grateful that the burglar and the vampire bats were not real, and the rain is. 09.12.08
10. "Um, I'm sorry, sir, but I'm late to class today because I was taking pictures of the UFO on the corner." 10.14.08
January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's a "wing" of dragons. So sayeth McCaffery!
Post a Comment